January 13, 2017
Post Oak Bancshares, Inc. to acquire The State Bank of Texas
Post Oak Bancshares, Inc. announced today that it has entered into a definitive agreement and plan of reorganization to acquire Houston, Texas-based The State Bank of Texas. The State Bank of Texas opened in 1982 and operates locations in Houston and Stafford, Texas. Completion of the transaction is subject to certain closing conditions, including customary regulatory approvals and approval of The State Bank of Texas shareholders. The transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of this year.
Post Oak Bank was founded in July 2004 by a group of experienced Houston bankers. We recognized the opportunity to provide exceptional banking service with the Houston market- the type of service you expect from an independently owned bank. Our employees, Directors, and Shareholders believe that being independent adds an element of pride and responsiveness that is hard to find in the banking industry today.
Post Oak Bank
- Is owned and managed locally which allows us to be accessible, responsive, and flexible when it comes to making decisions.
- Employs knowledgeable, mature bankers you can count on with experience in all aspects of banking.
- Is financially safe and sound with a five star rating from BauerFinancial, Inc.
- Provides an array of bank products and services that will meet the needs of businesses and individuals throughout the community.
- Is committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers everyday.